New OGame's interface.

You want to keep you informed of OperaGame's news, keep an eye on this forum.
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

New OGame's interface.

Post by cedricpc »

Hi,

Some others news... An unexpected OGame's event occurred some days after my previous message. That's the announcement of a "completely overworked and modernized interface of OGame". It's probably a good thing but it involves to make a break for OperaGame's development as long as this new OGame's version wouldn't released.
A lot of features may have to been rewrited, so it would be stupid to make new features which work only for some weeks...

Finally, r99 should be in fact the latest version of OperaGame's 1.9 branch before the 2.0 branch - the final version. But with this announcement, I don't know if it will be possible. :|

Some screenshots of the new OGame's version have been published in OGame's boards. The interface and the gameplay - not the rules of course - seems to be really different.
So, OperaGame won't work at all, the rewriting should be more difficult than the previous major change, ie. version 0.77. A brainstorming should be needed to find how to do features and where display their results.

Wait & see.
Software is like sex, it's better when it's free. (Linus Torvald)
Modern
Novice
Novice

Re: New OGame's interface.

Post by Modern »

they say that new version of Ogame has got many features of Foxgame. Maybe not all the features of Operagame should be rewriten.
like you said: wait&see :-)
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Modern wrote:they say that new version of Ogame has got many features of Foxgame. Maybe not all the features of Operagame should be rewriten.
I'd like that! At least, I wish. :D
Only time will tell us. :|
wwww
Novice
Novice

OGame Redesign - open Beta

Post by wwww »

OGame Redesign - open Beta

Dear Community,

After several months of development and numerous tests, in which already our international OGame teams help us energetically, we now want to give you all the possibility to try out the OGame Redesign within an open beta phase.

To realize this we want to start a temporary beta uni on Thursday, the 4th of December, in Germany and England (.org 42 & .de 6). Both will have an account reset after some time, so your nick and dark matter will stay but all the other things in the account will be reset onto 0. Beside the possibility to see and "feel" the OGame Redesign, you also have the chance with the help of an ingame ticket system to help us improving and better up the Redesign and send us directly all your bug reports and all your improvement suggestions.

Additionally both communities will get our new OGame portal already tomorrow on which you can register on thursday for our beta uni and, as usual, further on for the "old" OGame.

We look forward to a good cooperation and hope that you all can enjoy this new way of beta testing.

Your sincerely
GF

Universe 42 will open Today, Thursday, the 4th of December
between 15:00-17:00 ServerTime (15:00-17:00 PM GMT+1)

This universe will be ACS and 1x speed

Good luck and have fun
Your OGame.org Team
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

(I've moved your message here, It's more suitable. ;))

Some news about this new great OGame interface...

The cookie for time difference between OGame server and the player computer is no longer required, it's included in all pages! Ibid with the cookie for planet list as it seems to be already present in galaxy. :)
In this way, I've already rewrited the Build_EndTime feature! It's the first one. :D

More informations, screenshots, rewrited features and maybe an alpha release later. I'll make also a "torewrite" list tomorrow.

NB: In order to make OperaGame legal, each features in the current prohibited add-on WON'T be rewrited!
Ximeso
Novice
Novice

Post by Ximeso »

cedricpc wrote:Some news about this new great OGame interface...NB: In order to make OperaGame legal, each features in the current prohibited add-on WON'T be rewrited!
But they will still work with Opera 10 ?
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

I don't know... It doesn't work with the Peregrine alpha release?
Besides, the new OGame's interface will probably released in all universes before the Peregrine final version, so it won't works.

For the moment, OGame's spam are very very less intrusive than before, so SpamRemover isn't needed. And functions like jumpgate max buttons can't be rewrited as long as I haven't got a jumpgate - and even before, a Moon - in the universe 42... :lol:

Otherwise, it seems that cool stuffs - moving and resizing - on windows generated by OperaGame now work correctly! :D

Edit:
Well, arrival/return time are already displayed when sending fleet and in the event box. Another feature that I haven't to rewrite. 8-)
Ximeso
Novice
Novice

Post by Ximeso »

cedricpc wrote:I don't know... It doesn't work with the Peregrine alpha release?
For the moment, OGame's spam are very very less intrusive than before, so SpamRemover isn't needed. And functions like jumpgate max buttons can't be rewrited as long as I haven't got a jumpgate - and even before, a Moon - in the universe 42... :lol:

For jumpgate I can help sending source.
SpamRemover - coll stuff when you don't have commandor.
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

As far as I know, there is no old universe with the new interface... :P
I'll probably make a last release for "0.77" branch at the same time that the first alpha for the new interface.

Otherwise, I successed to move window settings and to resize it, but only horizontally...

Edit @ 2008-12-16, 05:47:51 :
Hi,

Some news since the last time... Firstly, I haven't got/take the time to write a "torewrite" list, sorry... I'll do it later.
For the moment, I've take a long time to improve window manager and add some new stuffs. It's almost finished, I've solved the problem with vertically resize and overflow!!! I've just to polish some things. :D (OperaGame 2.0 will deserve really its name... :lol:)
Otherwise, I don't know if something will change, but unfortunately in the current state, message's colorization couldn't be rewrited. :( However, I know that some modifications should be made by the GF, so there is a small hope.

That's just it, for the moment.

Edit @ 2008-12-19 in the "morning" :
Well, I've rewrite some other features, and I've just one thing in the window manager to do - I'll make a "screenvideo". :)

But I've a question... Arrival and return times are now directly included in sending fleet pages but without any highligthing. Do you wish a function to change them colors? There's also the same problem with those times in event page - this page contains the same thing than the old overview - but it have same color than mission. And so, same question for that.
Ximeso
Novice
Novice

Post by Ximeso »

cedricpc wrote:But I've a question... Arrival and return times are now directly included in sending fleet pages but without any highligthing. Do you wish a function to change them colors? There's also the same problem with those times in event page - this page contains the same thing than the old overview - but it have same color than mission. And so, same question for that.
I thnk that function to change colors is usefull so I say it should be.
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Ok. Thanks for your opinion. ;)

Edit @ 2009-08-13, 04:56:04 :
Hi,

I'm sorry for the lack of news, but I wasn't very motivated by doing something lately. To one side, I known that the OGame's version 0.8x will break up sooner or later. On the other hand, I didn't know when the redesigned version will stop changing its design and when it will be released. So I didn't want to lose my time by making new features for the older design as it will be obsolete, also for the newest as each OGame's updates could break the script.

But these last weeks, the context has changed. Firstly, the final release has been tested in .de and .org portals the last week. Currently, this version is deploying in each OGame portal all around the world.

So now, it's time to resume OperaGame's development. All the while, I've already made some enhancement on OperaGame's Core but there is a big job to do with all OperaGame's features that I have to port to OGame v1.0 even though a lot of features have been introduce in this design. Besides, I've to combine features for both v0.8x and v1.x as old Universes won't be updated for awhile. And finally, I'll have to clean all that is possible.

I'll try to keep you informed this time. ;)

That's all, for the moment.

Edit @ 2009-08-21, 03:48:03 :
Hi,

As I told you, I'll try to keep you informed. So, one week has passed since the previous message... And I've made some exciting and working experiments. :D I won't tell you exactly what are they because I don't know actually if it's very stable and powerful. :P But I can say that one of them concern the major problem with Opera and privacy. Besides, it should bring some new capacities. I'll give you more informations in upcoming days. ;)

Also, I've decided to rewrite the structure of OperaGame — yes, again — in order to simplify the merge between old and "redesigned" features. It should take a long time, but it's the occasion to clean up and to standardize OperaGame's code. I want to make it faster and less greedy. :)

Stay tuned and good night.

Last edited by cedricpc on Tue 25 Aug 2009, 00:27:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Messages merged.
Kuja IX
Novice
Novice

Post by Kuja IX »

Thank you very much for your hard work, I have been using OperaGame since maybe two years, now, and it’s cool to see that you still update it.
Good luck in dealing with the new interface ;)
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Thank you too. Without OperaGame's user like you who express their interest in this script somehow or other, I think that I would'nt have continued OperaGame's development, at least for new features. ;)

Currently, I'm not focussed on new features for the redesigned OGame. For the moment, I've just end times displayed correctly and it's enough for me. What? I'm selfish to don't share this? :P Yes, a little. But in fact, I've a mish-mash of .js files to make OperaGame working in both old universes and redesigned. It's not ready at all for release it. ^^' So you'll have to wait until the merged OperaGame is finished. :twisted:

Otherwise, I've work a little on the major experiment. It won't be easy to do but I've a lot of ideas on how to make it work. :)

Another time, more informations as soon as possible, I hope before this week-end.

Edit :
Hey, mais c'est toi qui parle aussi Français non ? :roll:

Edit @ 2009-08-25, 22:59:46 :
Hi,

I've a little progress in my experiment. It's seems to be feasible. I don't want to reveal all of this future feature, but I can tell you that I'm able to interact between two pages in various domains. But currently, I've an incomprehensible problem in old OGame's univers, I hope that I'll be able to solve it. But if there is someone who is familiar with XDM method, please send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

Edit @ 2009-08-26, 03:05:27 :
In fact, UserJS is fired later in redesigned universes — during body's loading — than in old universes — during head's loading. I don't know/understand why Opera do that. But because of that behavior, an important HTML element is loaded in the <head> tag and it should be the reason why some properties are unavailable. Anyway... I've succeeded to by-pass the problem. :)

Besides, I think that I can now call this experiment a real feature. :D Now, I've to cogitate about how to start OperaGame's features — a sort of makeEvent function — and to rewrite/implant a lot of functions.
Kuja IX
Novice
Novice

Post by Kuja IX »

cedricpc wrote: Edit :
Hey, mais c'est toi qui parle aussi Français non ? :roll:
Oui, j’ai écrit en anglais parce que c’est jamais agréable pour les autres utilisateurs sur un forum de rien comprendre à un message ^^
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Effectivement, mais c'est que j'aurais pu m'abstenir de me casser la tête pour écrire en Anglais une portion de ma réponse — je ne suis pas très à l'aise avec le conditionnel... :lol:

Anyway, I've implant the window manager. Besides, I'll probably publicize OperaGame project in my task manager in order to publish a roadmap for OperaGame 2.0b1. More informations later.