Roadmap for OperaGame 2.0

You want to keep you informed of OperaGame's news, keep an eye on this forum.
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: Roadmap for OperaGame 2.0

Post by cedricpc »

The bug has been already reported by andig. ;) It is related to Opera Evenes which changes the behavior of the arguments object. I have already fixed it but you have to wait for the next release. :)

I hope that everything will be really ready tonight.

Updated on 2010-05-11 at 03:26:26.

Hi,

OperaGame v2.0b1 is finally available! After a lot of hours in order to prepare all language files, the updater server-side, the download page in the website and the cleaning of my personal comments and text related to preview snapshots in the Core, OperaGame's renewal is officially released! :D You can get more informations here. Please, if possible, download the new Core through the updater in order to give me some statistics on how many users are still using OperaGame. :mrgreen:

I hope that I have not made any mistake in this process, so tell me if something seems to be wrong/broken. ;)

I am now waiting for any suggestions concerning the new OGame's design, my todo list was mainly composed by requests for the old design which will disappear sooner, other tasks concern OperaGame's core. :(

Good night, have fun with this new version and stay tuned for further release! :)

Updated on 2010-05-17 at 04:16:10.

Hi,

I've made a little update in order to correct a bug with the mission manager, coordinates were sometimes not changed, and to improve a little the add-on "manager" — a buggy add-on could crash initialization of OperaGame, it is no longer possible. Although this update is available through the updater, it is not committed on the SVN repository! So if you plan to update it manually, download files on this page.

Stay tuned. :)
Software is like sex, it's better when it's free. (Linus Torvald)
asdfgfh
Novice
Novice

Post by asdfgfh »

Will be there "max" button in shipyard again? It was very good function and it's hard to play without it :D
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Hi,

It is still available in the Prohibited add-on. However you need to use the Legacy Core too. ;) If you have already do that and you are using Opera Evenes, it is probably related and I will check for a fix — I am still using Kestrel as daily browser because some annoying bugs are not solved yet.

Good night. :)
asdfgfh
Novice
Novice

Post by asdfgfh »

Yeah, i'm using latest available snapshot.. Haven't seen max button since new Operas engine..
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Hmm, I've just tested it with Evenes and it works... :P Are you sure that you are using the Legacy Core and the appropriate setting is enable? :roll:
asdfgfh
Novice
Novice

Post by asdfgfh »

Hehe, thanx :) Downloaded legacy & prohibited, now it's working fine :)
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

No problem. ;)

Otherwise, I've just made a little update in the example add-on in order to show you how to overwrite some settings if you don't like the default value. :) Note that it overwrites the value, even if you have already changed it, but not after changing it through the "Settings" window, until you reload the page!

Maybe I will reintroduce an "operaGame_AddDefaultSetting" function to do that properly.

Good night.

Updated on 2010-05-31 at 19:13:35.

Hi,

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new era for some major communities, at least for the French and the British communities. ALL old Universes will be updated to the redesigned version! This means that old OperaGame's features will no longer work. The German community seems to have already done the update on their Universes.

So it is also a new era for OperaGame, which have now a relatively stable and easily maintainable core since the v2.0b1, but with not a lot of features... As I have already said, nothing more will be done for the v0.84. Even worse, these features will be removed from the second beta when all communities have migrated. I am counting on your suggestions in order to make OperaGame as useful as the old version on the redesigned Universes! ;)

Stay tuned.

Updated on 2010-06-02 at 02:25:43.

Hi,

It is now done. I have seen that OperaGame cannot recognize these universes correctly. It believe that they are still with the old version while it is not. I've changed the way it uses to detect if it is redesigned or not. So it should work correctly with the latest release (r97.10060115) but please, tell me if it does not work on some pages. ;)

Good night.

Updated on 2010-06-03 at 19:11:08.

Hi,

You should be happy to know that I have made a first draft for CargosNeeded in redesigned universes. While it is fully working, it is only a simple adaptation from the function for OGame 0.84. In fact, I missed this feature, that is the reason why I do it quickly. :lol: But don't worry, it will be rewritten in the future and I have a lot of ideas how to do that. :)

From now, the development will be virtually suspended until the v2.0b2 because of the writing of core's enhancements planned for some months, and not something related to game play. But I hope this will be done as soon as possible.

As always, stay tuned. ;)

Edit 2010-06-04 @ 03h10:
A little image for the first enhancement... :roll:
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Hi,

It is now the turn to almost every — if it is not all — remaining communities to share the same fate than .de, .org and .fr communities. Their old universes will updated to the redesigned version on the next Monday — 7th June. So if you don't want to see OperaGame broken, I urge you to update it to the r97.10060318!

If your universe is already updated, you can still use the updater by typing "javascript: opG.windowAbout();" in the address bar. If you cannot do that for some reasons, you can download it here manually. Note that you MUST NOT use SVN links because the SVN version is not up-to-date!

Stay tuned.
asdfgfh
Novice
Novice

Post by asdfgfh »

Hey, thanks! Tomorrow there in Latvia update will happen & I had question about OperaGame version, etc. But you just gave me answers :)
Thank you for developing OperaGame :)
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

No problem. ;)

I hope that my message through the updater will be correctly "sended" to users who are still using a buggy version on migrated universes... :?
cedricpc
Administrateur
Administrateur

Post by cedricpc »

Hi,

Firstly, I apologize for the lack of informations. You have probably understood that I am not working on OperaGame for a long time. I have nonetheless made some work in the core from time to time but not enough to release them. In fact, I am "in game" in vacation mode since the latest spring holiday due to the lack of motivation by playing in a half dead universe. I will probably restart a day or another, but I do not know when unfortunately.

Regardless, I am a little active the OGame Origin project. And you have to note that OperaGame has been "approved" as a tolerated add-on since the end of October – and even before but that was a bad and out-dated copy with the updater broken. ;)

Stay tuned for more informations sooner or later. RSS Feeds on this board are your friends... :lol:

Good night. :)